When searching for an affordable two-way radio, buyers have a few choices. RCA, Kenwood, Motorola and Vertex all make models in the sub $300 range.
Each has its strengths and weaknesses, so which brand is the best?
Models come and go, but for the perfect combination of rugged dependability and affordability, you can rarely go wrong with an RCA two-way radio.
Right now, I am a huge fan of the RCA BR200D. I have sold hundreds of these radios and my customers don’t have any problems with them. In fact, they rave about them!
They work straight out of the box and fulfill the needs of most two-way radio users, including manufacturers, schools, security services, hotels and more. They simply do the job. When you’ve got a million other things to take care, of the last thing you need to worry about is dealing with a fussy, flimsy, static-filled radio you can barely hear. That’s why I recommend this one – it’s SIMPLE, LOUD and WORKS GREAT.
Before I discuss some of the features of the BR200D (and tell you about a special offer), check out what Erik Estrada (“Ponch” from CHiPS, and a real-life sheriff’s deputy) has to say about RCA 2way radios.
Features of the RCA BR200D
- Loud, Clear Audio – The RCA BR200D has amazing sound quality, producing crisp audio that is 50 percent louder than Motorola’s competing (and more expensive) radio.
- 16 Channels– allows specific departments or groups to have their own channel.
- 6 Inch Antenna – provides excellent coverage.
- Analog/Digital Modes – You can save money by buying the radio in analog mode, and then upgrading to digital when you need it via a simple software upgrade.
- Programmable Top Emergency Button – alarm button sounds emergency signal, and can be customized to transmit voice and/or radio identity… or other options.
- Dual Programmable Side Buttons– place your favorite features at your fingertips.
- Long Life Battery – the BR200D comes with a 1700mAh Li-Ion Battery standard which lasts approximately 14 hours.
- Compact – lightweight design and small size make it comfortable to use during long shifts.
- Privacy – scrambling/encryption protects from interception.
- Voice Recording– records and stores messages up to 60 seconds.
- Stun/Kill/Revive– this feature permits the radio administrator to disable radio to protect communications from prying ears if it is lost or stolen.
- Signaling– 2-Tone, 5-Tone, DTMF Encode/Decode and MDC1200 Encode: PTT ID (identifies outbound calls), Individual/Group Call (receive/place calls from specific individuals or groups), Call Alert (tone indicates new inbound call), and Alarm (sounds alarm or notifies system administrator of emergency).
- Compatible – currently using the Motorola CP200D? You’ll be happy to know the RCA BR200D is compatible with your system. In fact, it is compatible with any other DMR Digital radio on the market. Even your Motorola accessories are usable, thanks to RCA’s two prong right angle connector.
- Warranty – industry leading three-year warranty.
- Service – should you ever need your RCA radio serviced, we offer free shipping for both in-warranty and paid repairs.
Interested in buying the RCA BR200D two-way radio? We have them in stock right now. Call and place your order before 4 p.m. Pacific Time, 7 p.m. Eastern, and you could have your fully programmed and functional radio tomorrow morning!
Need to outfit a whole department? CALL ME NOW. I am running a special right now where you get a FREE RCA BR200D when you buy five.
Still not convinced? I believe so strongly that RCA has the superior radio that, if you qualify, I will send you a free demo unit for you to test and return when you are done – no strings attached. Call for details on this LIMITED TIME OFFER 877-401-3659.